Most Read Books on Amazon Last Week: Billy Summers Rises to the Top
While there haven’t been any new entries on Amazon’s best-selling book list, there has been a lot of movement and a few re-entries. Here’s a look at the full list.
Some weeks there is nothing new that stands out. Or maybe there’s nothing new that stands out enough. It’s one of those weeks without any new entries on Amazon’s best-selling book list.
That’s not to say the list is exactly the same as the week before. There are four entries towards the bottom of the list, with Myth by Stephen Fry and Circe by Madeline Miller as two of them.
One of the notable returns will be The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. from amazon the Lord of the Rings the series recently had a premiere date, so it is possible that some books will fall into some listings. I expect this to happen a bit closer to the September 2022 date, however.
It ends with us at the top, Dune at the bottom
Towards the top of the list, there was a lot of movement. Billy Summers by Stephen King retained the top spot after claiming that over the previous week. The last thing he said to me by Laura Dave also retained second place.
It is from the third place that things change. It ends with us of Colleen Hoover won three places to land at this spot. Her other novel on the list Truth was not far behind, gaining four places to enter the Top 5.
Taylor Jenkins Reid also had a great week. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo gained eight places to move up to fourth place. These are mainly women in the Top 5.
During this time, Dune by Frank Herbert fell three places. I’m sure this book will go up and down for a while until the movie hits theaters.
After a nice entry the previous week, We were never there by Andrea Bartz experienced the biggest drop. He lost eight places to get out of the Top 10.
Best-selling Amazon books: August 15-21
- Billy Summers by Stephen King (-)
- The last thing he said to me by Laura Dave (-)
- It ends with us by Colleen Hoover (+3)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (+8)
- Truth by Colleen Hoover (+4)
- A letter from your teacher by Shannon Olsen (+1)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (-3)
- The midnight library by Matt Haig (-)
- Hail Mary project by Andy Weir (-4)
- Malibu on the rise by Taylor Jenkins Reid (+1)
- We were never there by Andrea Bartz (-8)
- The people we meet on vacation by Emily Henry (+2)
- Where the crayfish sing by Delia Owens (-)
- The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller (-4)
- The child in the moonlight by Karen McQuestion (+4)
- Myth by Stephen Fry (back to school)
- Circe by Madeline Miller (back to school)
- The president’s daughter by Bill Clinton & James Patterson (back to school)
- Harry potter and the sorcerer’s stone by JK Rowling (-3)
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (back to school)
What Amazon books are you receiving this week? Let us know in the comments below.
Get your Amazon books with free two-day delivery with Amazon Prime.